July 11 - 13, 2023
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Click here to download the course program.
Join AIEN in Port of Spain for a course on natural gas!
The AIEN Gas Course: From PSC to LNG will cover legal, commercial and geopolitical aspects of natural gas development and sale. The course has been expanded, now including two and a half days of classroom presentations, including ample time for interaction with the faculty throughout the lectures. It is taught by oil and gas lawyers and commercial negotiators who have hands-on experience with each of the areas they will be teaching.
Topics that will be covered at this course:
- Global Primary Energy Supply/Demand
- Energy Outlooks: Current Policies vs Net-Zero Carbon Scenario
- Natural Gas and Renewable Energy
- The Natural Gas Value Chain
- Natural Gas Issues in Granting Instruments
- Legal and Commercial Natural Gas Aspects of Joint Operating Agreements
- Natural Gas Pricing Theory
- Legal and Commercial Aspects of Natural Gas Marketing
- LNG Industry Overview
- Current Issues in the LNG Industry
- LNG Gas Sales Agreements
Harry W. Sullivan, Jr., Assistant General Counsel, Kosmos Energy; Executive Professor, Texas A&M School of Law
Robert Lesnick, Senior Petroleum Advisor, The World Bank (retired)
Continuing Education Credits
AIEN, formerly known as AIPN, is an accredited sponsor approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE. The number of MCLE credit hours awarded for this course are still being determined.