The AIEN Young Negotiators group is excited to open this year's program to applicants from all of AIEN’s regional chapters. Among the benefits listed below, this program will provide a rare opportunity for younger professionals to forge meaningful relationships with experienced AIEN members.
The AIEN Mentoring Program is open to members in good standing, working full time in international negotiations or a related field, with fewer than 5 years’ experience as mentees, and members with more than 5 years’ experience as mentors.
Among the benefits listed below, this program will provide a rare opportunity for younger professionals to forge meaningful relationships with experienced AIEN members.
• Learn relevant industry practices and skills
• Discuss work-related matters with seasoned professionals
• Expand your network
• Receive constructive feedback and support
• Share your professional experiences and provide guidance
• Gain exposure to new perspectives
• Better understand generational differences
• Reflect on career and impart knowledge
The application period was open from January 7, 2022 through February 17, 2022. Mentoring partnerships have been emailed out.
AIEN YN will create partnerships based on the information provided in the applications and according to our best judgments. If AIEN YN is unable to match a mentee with a mentor, the mentee will be notified by email and may apply for the 2023 Mentoring Program.
Mentors and mentees are asked to use the following manuals to help guide them through the program. They are mandatory to read prior to making a commitment to this program and submitting the application.
• Mentors and mentees must set realistic goals during their first meeting to achieve during the program. Mentoring is about facilitating change and growth, which can include learning to do your job better, looking at situations from different points of view, networking, career guidance, etc.
• Starting in March, AIEN-YN will send periodic emails to the mentors and mentees to check progress and provide suggested topics of discussion
• At the end of the calendar year, AIEN-YN will send a questionnaire to provide written feedback.
Additional questions about the program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.