Live Webinar: "Decarbonization in the Energy Sector"
12:00 p.m. CDT (UTC -5) Tuesday, April 19, 2022
2:00 p.m. ART | 6:00 p.m. BST | Timezone Converter
1 hour (inclusive of Q&A)
Ash Shepherd, Director of Business Development, Carbon Capture and Underground Storage, Talos Energy
Xan Fishman, Director, Energy Policy and Carbon Management, Bipartisan Policy Center
Ryan Peay, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Resource Sustainability, Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, US Department of Energy
Moderator: Ken Rice, Commercial Advisor, ExxonMobil Corporation
Carbon management has become an increasingly important part of the global dialogue regarding combatting climate change and mitigating further changes to the environment. Players in the energy sector have become increasingly active in this area, with many energy companies announcing robust plans to implement carbon management strategies and develop decarbonization projects. Organized by the US Chapter, this panel discussion will cover a broad range of topics currently being discussed in the decarbonization space, and will touch on the following questions:
- What does “decarbonization” mean?
- What are some of the methods of “decarbonization” currently being utilized?
- What are a few of the key legal, regulatory and fiscal factors impacting carbon capture investments?
- What are some common methods of carbon management currently being used in the energy sector?
- What governmental activities are currently being undertaken related to carbon management, CCS, and alternative uses of CO2?
- How has the infrastructure bill impacted investment in and development of decarbonization/CCS projects?
- What CCS projects are being developed in the energy sector?
- What kind of advocacy work has taken place?
Join our panelists for this conversation to learn more about decarbonization and factors influencing CCS activities.
Member - complimentary
Non-Member - $25
Webinar registration fees include access to the live and on-demand recording on AIPN University.
Apply for membership before registering and receive member rates! After completing your membership application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with registering. Are you a member but are not able to see the member rates even after logging in? It could be because you have not paid your dues. Please check your membership expiration date by clicking here.
Please register at the link to the right. Login details will be provided via email on April 18.