September 19-22, 2023
Pestana Palace | Lisbon, Portugal
Join us for the 2023 Model Contracts Workshop being held in beautiful Lisbon!
The Model Contracts Workshop is a vital component of the organization's acclaimed model contracts service, providing an annual forum for meaningful participation and feedback on AIEN model forms and a vibrant opportunity for networking within the global energy industry.
This year’s agenda includes interactive sessions designed for both experienced and aspiring negotiators exploring various aspects of existing AIEN agreements, models in development and initiatives relating to contract standardization within AIEN’s expanded energy scope. Knowledgeable industry practitioners will share their extensive experience negotiating AIEN agreements and discuss commonly encountered issues and key provisions.
Topics will include:
- The Continuing Role of Model Contracts in an Evolving Energy Landscape
- AIEN / IBA Joint Collaboration on New Model Clauses for a Successful Energy Transition
- Updates from and future work of AIEN’s Hydrogen, CCUS and ESG Taskforces
- Enhancing the Dynamics of Host Government – Foreign Investor Negotiations: Would a New Model Host Government Agreement Help or Hinder?
- “The Only Way to Predict the Future is to Build it” – A New Paradigm for our Model JOA
- From Traditional to Transitional: Negotiating the New AIEN Model JOA
- Focusing on Adaptability – AIEN Model Contracts Being Adapted to Fit a Capital-Intensive Clean Energy World
- Energy Development and Transition in Africa: The Role of Model Contracts
- New and Future AIEN Model Contracts – What’s Next?
Nuno Antunes, Partner, Miranda & Associates
João Oliveira, Legal Counsel, bp
Norman Nadorff, Special Counsel, Mayer Brown LLP
Continuing Education Credits:
AIEN, formerly known as AIPN, is an accredited sponsor approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE. A maximum of 13.50 CLE credit hours, of which 0.00 credit hours will apply to ethics/professional responsibility credit, will be awarded based on individual attendance.