International Oil & Gas Contracts and Negotiations Core Course
July 31 - August 4, 2023
InterContinental Hotel | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Online registration has closed. For further assistance, please email Kristin@aien.org.
Due to high demand, AIEN is offering a second Core Course this year!
This 5-day course will feature interactive discussions on key upstream and midstream oil and gas issues and agreements that are important to new entrants into the industry as well as experienced persons. It is taught from a practical perspective by highly-experienced and knowledgeable faculty.
Topics that will be covered at this course:
- Overview of the International Energy Industry
- Confidentiality & Bidding Agreement Issues
- Anti-Bribery, Corruption Laws and Sanctions Issues
- International Dispute Resolution
- Service Agreement Issues
- Granting Instrument Issues
- Joint Operating Agreement Issues
- Participation – Farmin/Farmout Agreements
- Sale and Purchase Agreement Issues
- Unitization Issues
- Decommissioning Issues
- Crude Oil Sales and Lifting Agreement Issues
- Gas Sales Agreement Issues
- Gas Balancing and Transportation Issues
- Overview of LNG
- Stabilization & Sovereign Immunity
- Implementing New Energy Solutions
Harry W. Sullivan, Jr., Assistant General Counsel, Kosmos Energy, Dallas &
Executive Professor, Texas A&M School of Law, Ft. Worth
Michael E. Arruda, Senior Counsel, King & Spalding LLP, Tokyo
Andrew B. Derman, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP, Dallas
Jennifer Josefson, Partner, Morgan Lewis, Abu Dhabi
Brad S. Roach, Partner, Co-Chair Oil and Gas, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Singapore
Continuing Education Credits
AIEN, formerly known as AIPN, is an accredited sponsor approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE. A maximim of 30.75 CLE credit hours, of which 1.25 credit hours will apply to ethics/professional responsibilty credit, will be awarded based on individual attendance.